Nancy Pelosi Says Husband Faces “Long Recovery” from “Horrific Attack”

 Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) issued a statement Monday night regarding the attack on her husband Paul that has left him hospitalized, reportedly in the ICU, saying he faces a “long recovery process.”

Paul Pelosi, 82, underwent surgery Friday for wounds to his skull, right arm and hands after being attacked with a hammer by David DePape, 42, who broke into the Pelosi’s San Francisco home early Friday morning, according to police who said DePape was intent on taking Nancy Pelosi hostage and breaking her kneecaps. Nancy Pelosi was reportedly in Washington, D.C. at the time.

Pelosi press release:

San Francisco – Speaker Nancy Pelosi issued this statement on the horrific attack on Paul Pelosi: 

“Since the horrific attack on Paul early Friday, we have been deluged with thousands of messages conveying concern, prayers and warm wishes. We are most grateful.

“Thanks to the excellent trauma care medical team at Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital, Paul is making steady progress on what will be a long recovery process.

“Our family thanks everyone for their kindness.”

A statement issued Saturday described the attack as “life threatening”.

Dear Colleague,

Yesterday morning, a violent man broke into our family home, demanded to confront me and brutally attacked my husband Paul. Our children, our grandchildren and I are heartbroken and traumatized by the life-threatening attack on our Pop. We are grateful for the quick response of law enforcement and emergency services, and for the life-saving medical care he is receiving.

Please know that the outpouring of prayers and warm wishes from so many in the Congress is a comfort to our family and is helping Paul make progress with his recovery. His condition continues to improve.

We are also comforted by the words of the Book of Isaiah: “Do not fear, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”

We thank you and pray for the continued safety and well-being of your family.



DePape was charged Monday with two federal charges. He will face state charges Tuesday. Police said DePape was hospitalized Friday after the attack but have not said what his wounds are.

Powered by Blogger.